To prepare the material to be dyed follow the mordanting instruction. Click on this banner to view the instructions.
- Paint roller
- Squeeze bottle
- Plastic wrap
- Steam pot
How to steam dye
- Arrange the plastic wrap on your working table and lay your slightly damp fabric/clothe on.
- Shake well the dye container before use
- Dilute the dye color in cold water following the dye colors dosing chart
- Cold dye your fabric/clothe using a brush, a paint roller, a dropper, or a plastic squeeze bottle
- Arrange another layer of plastic wrap on the fabric/clothe, close the edges and roll it
- Place the bundle into the pot and steam for 1 hour
- Let cool the bundle, unroll and remove the plastic wrap that you can reuse for other projects
- Let dry (do not dry with iron) and rinse in cold water
- Lay flat to dry and iron (no steam iron)